- The learner must submit and be found Competent in the formative assessment of each unit standard in the cluster, i.e., he must obtain 50% for each Portfolio of Evidence. The learner may leave questions unanswered. There must be evidence of understanding for all the specific outcomes. The learner must achieve 50% and above for every unit standard to be found competent.
- If the learner has submitted and been found Competent in all the unit standards of the cluster, he may write the closed book integrated summative exam for that cluster.
- If the learner achieves 50% in the summative exam, he has passed the summative component.
- Credits can only be given to the learner who has been found Competent in the formative assessment of the unit standard AND has passed the summative exam.
- The learner will not be allowed to submit formative work or do remedial activities after the summative exam has been written.
- The learner will only be allowed a rewrite of the summative exam if he has submitted the formative assessments of ALL the unit standards in the cluster and has achieved between 30% to 49% in the summative exam.
- The summative exam will be invigilated by a responsible person designated by Masifunde Training Centre.
- An exam register will be signed by the learner and the invigilator.
- The learner will sign a Declaration of Authenticity and indicate readiness for the exam.
- The exam will be written under strict, closed book conditions.
- The exam will be in hard copy form.
- All learning and assessment follows SAQA principles and strives to be empowering, relevant and transformative.
- Assessment is integrative and standards-based.
- Assessment is OBE based.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows for accreditation of previous learning.
- See our process overview for more details